Thursday, April 23, 2009

What I think about the American Laws

I for one think that the laws in America are quite fair. America has one of the best Human rights laws on this planet. One of Americas flaws is that you can adjust it even to this day. It wasn’t made to be perfect. The citizens have the right to question the laws and most of the time, the results are that the law gets a rewritten a little for the better. The laws are different throughout the states because of the need of the laws. Living in one state and not having the advantages or disadvantages of a law in another state would not be that unfair or unequal. This is true because if you don’t like a law in your state you could always fight it and try to change it or you could always move out of that state and go to one that has the laws that you like.

American laws do have their fair share in the loony world. Here are some examples why, California; Wearing a sweatshirt inside-out is deemed a "threatening misdemeanor" in Half-Moon Bay. For Nevada, In Eureka men who wear mustaches are forbidden from kissing women and last but not least, in Texas, In San Antonio, it is illegal for both sexes to flirt or respond to flirtation using the eyes and/or hands. These laws may not be enforced but skeptics still wonder why they are in the books.

One thing that I think is outrageous is the housing system for the inmates. I don’t approve of the fact that we house dangerous criminals alongside with their companions. I strongly disapprove of the system letting them have weight training sessions during their social hours. Most of these criminals are there for many dangerous felonies and deserve to be treated as if they have minimal rights. Serves them right for what they have done.

2 comments:

  1. I completely agree with your statement "Most of these criminals are there for many dangerous felonies and deserve to be treated as if they have minimal rights. Serves them right for what they have done." I also am angered by the fact that we as taxpayers are paying for these criminals to have recreation, health care, and cable TV. Some of the most upstanding citizens can’t afford health insurance, adequate housing, gym memberships and other social activities these inmates are given. On a lighter note it is humorous to me the laws you pointed out, I definitely feel like so many laws these should be updated. I am not sure about moving around from state to state to find a place to live just because you don’t agree with the laws of that state. I feel your statement enforces my opinion that there should be a uniform law structure across the U.S. Again this like yours is only my view!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have a persuasive argument, valid points, and I agree with you on some of your statements. This is one of those things, where depending upon which side of the fence your standing, determines how you view the playing field. I wish I could see things as black and white as you do. I agree it is up to us to change the things we deem unnecessary, and sometimes they do change, but at a snail’s pace and sometimes too little too late. I know that things aren’t always going to be perfect, and we do have a lot of privileges that others don’t get to enjoy, I guess all in all; the justice system to be a teenage kid that needs constant supervision and every now and then put on a time out. I appreciate you pointing out some of our no so finer moments in the toddler stages of the law.

    ReplyDelete